Monday, July 13, 2009

So WHY Does It Feel THIS Bad??

I wouldn't exactly call it a broken heart. In fact, I am not really sure what to call it. Today a firend emailed me regarding an ex and feeling like she got kicked in the gut - this has been an ongoing situation and I tried nicely to tell her to move forward.

Not less than 2 hours later I get my own Kick in The Gut so to speak. There once was someone very special in my life and we have remained friends. I knew it was a temporary (okay very long temporary) situation because there were just too many differences in our lifestyle. I made a conscious decision to let it go. In fact I haven't been 'in love' for a very LONG time. I found out today he became engaged and I am very happy for him and her. I want nothing but happiness for them.

But it seems no matter how much I rationalized things and understand those rationalizations to be true and really do believe them - why do I feel like I got Kicked in the Gut? It hurts and I don't understand. It really isn't a broken heart and in fact I am excited about the direction a relationship is moving with someone who I not only care deeply about (and have for several years) but also makes sense when I logically think about a future.

Is this a chick thing???

2 comments:

mindysmith said...

Totally a chick thing. We're crazy. xo


p.s. it's about time you blogged!

Cate Sforza aka absolutartist1 said...

It's the human desire to have someone with whom we "belong". No matter how much we care about the other person and wish them happiness it it always drives home the point that we don't have what they do.

I haven't felt that way in a long time either, hon. It's the kids that keep me moving forwards.

{{{HUGS}}}